Nestled in the heart of Little Cottonwood Canyon, Alta is truly a skier's paradise. One of the oldest ski areas in the US, Alta has maintained its historic mountain spirit since opening in 1939. Renowned for its world-class powder and unbeatable terrain, the resort provides terrain for both powder hounds and beginners alike, with plenty of slopes dedicated to intermediate and family-friendly trails. With more than 500 inches of snow each year and phenomenal alpine scenery, your Alta vacation promises to be unforgettable.
Summertime at Alta brings a transformation of climate and scenery, and outdoor activities abound as the resort's extensive trail system comes into play. Experience this wildflower haven with sweeping views of snow-capped peaks and colorful foliage, with hiking and mountain biking for all levels.
- Base Elevation: 8,530 feet (2,600 m)
- Top Elevation: 10,550 feet (3,216 m)
- Vertical Drop: 2,020 feet (617 m)
- Skiable Acres: 2,200 acres (890 hectares)
- Number of Runs: 115
- Average Season Snowfall: Over 500 inches
- Terrain: 25% Beginner/40% Intermediate/35% Advanced
- Open Daily: 9:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.